The Easy-Tax Solution
Easy-Tax, developed by Marion (Pty) Ltd, provides an efficient, easy-to-use web-based platform to assist employers in complying with SARS requirements related to tax directive applications, as well as the creation of auto-generated tax certificates for issued directives, which greatly facilitates the PAYE reconciliation process.
What does Easy-Tax provide?
Easy-Tax was developed to provide clients with a user-friendly, web-based “front end” interface, which offers the following:
Applications for tax directives:
• Applications can be captured individually on the web application; or
• Large volumes of applications can be submitted in bulk which is easily uploaded to Easy-Tax.
• Upon receiving applications, Easy-Tax runs various validations to ensure that correct information (in compliance with SARS requirements) was captured prior to submitting the applications to SARS.
• Where Easy-Tax detects incorrect information on the application, it provides the client with the reasons as to why the information is incorrect, and allows the client to correct the information (where necessary, in conjunction with our support team) and resubmit the application to Easy-Tax.
• Upon receiving the directive applications response back from SARS (usually overnight), Easy-Tax generates IRP3 certificates in PDF format, which are then supplied to clients via e-mail for further use.
• Where directives are declined due to failing specific SARS validations (e.g. an incorrect tax number was supplied), the reason why the directive was declined (as provided by SARS) is also e-mailed to the client for their perusal.
Cancellation of tax directives:
• Should the need arise to cancel a directive, this is easily done via Easy-Tax, for single directive cancellations, or cancellations in bulk, i.e. multiple cancellations.
Generation of Recognition of Transfer (ROT) certificates:
• The generation of ROT certificates for transfers between funds or translocation benefits – even in cases where the other participating fund does not use the Easy-Tax solution.
Comprehensive reports which include:
• Statistics on the amount of directives processed by a specific user.
o Rejection reasons per fund (division) for the latest three-month period.
• SARS-related rejection reasons per fund (division) for the latest three-month period.
Reconciliation reports for PAYE reconciliation purposes:
• Auto-generation of IRP5 or IT3A certificates based on successful tax directives issued, with comprehensive validations to ensure correct data is created from the start of the process.
• Incorporating the abovementioned certificate data into EMP501 or EMP701 reconciliation reports per SARS requirements; facilitating the uploading of these reports into e@syFile for biannual and annual reconciliation purposes.
Easy-Tax allows for standard integration via web services, with XML templates customisable to fit our clients’ needs:
• Automatic feedback to our clients’ business systems is completely customisable per client preference, i.e. us more flexible to accommodate additional features not addressed in the initial requirements.
It is an accepted fact in the retirement fund industry that legislation related to lump-sum and lump-sum benefit tax is, at best, quite difficult to fathom. In this regard, Marion endeavours to keep its system and supportive advice up to date and in line with any proposed and implemented legislation.